Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Magic Voice (C64) & Carts

The Magic Voice Speech Module was a decent attempt at adding hardware speech capabilities to the already brilliantly sounding Commodore 64, which sadly failed and was only supported by a handful of games. Still, it does make for an interesting curio and is definitely worth collecting, provided you are so inclined. Knowing that you actually, err, are, this C64 Magic Voice auction then should come in handy, as you will not only be getting a boxed Magic Voice, but also three cartridges. Seller ships only within the UK.

7 comments:

  1. I never heard of that nifty little gadget. But the shipping leaves me out. Guess I'll just have to stick with SAM...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes sense... Then again I do believe it's only supported by 2 third party games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the most fun I ever had with a speech synthesizer didn't even involve games. I just kept typing insulting sentences straight in to SAM so it hurled one derisive comment after another at my annoying roommate who was nearby until he essentially went berserk. Ah - good times. Sometimes the simplest things in life are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you've just reminded me of Dr Sbaitso... You are indeed correct (and wise) good sir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Gnome - if you are interested in C64 carts, you might want to check this out:

    http://www.rgcd.co.uk/p/shop
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2M5LRqELMI&feature=mh_lolz&list=LLVzKMYfjw-VU

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey James, long time no see my friend. Thanks for reminding me to check the RGCD shop more regularly. See both it and the site are still very much alive. Excellent. I'll blog this lovely new C64 release very soon!

    ReplyDelete