Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Legend of Zelda (Collector's Edition)

I am aware of the fact that Nintendo's Gamecube is neither the oldest nor the most successful console around, but it also happens to be a two generations old machine. How time flies, eh? Anyway. One of the more interesting offerings on the GC -and one that's bound to eventually become a true collector's item- is the excellent The Legend of Zelda - Collector's Edition Nintendo published in 2003 and never sold the traditional way.

The disc includes perfectly emulated versions of The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and graphically updated versions of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. It also features a demo of the Wind Waker and a couple of retrospective video clips. Oh, and you can grab a complete, boxed (with manual) NTSC version of the thing via this lovely The Legend of Zelda (Collectro's Edition) auction. Seller ships worldwide.

4 comments:

  1. I remember getting this when it came out, makes me want to go back and play a little of the Original Zelda again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highly understandable that. I believe I've never finished it myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own a copy of this. I remember at the time thinking how it would probably become rare or hard to find one day, so I went back to Gamestop and bought the last copy. It clearly states "Not For Resale."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, but we all know how much people care for such statements, don't we? :)

    ReplyDelete